design a hand tool
Design a hand tool that is based around the reasearch and the measurement of man and woman. Exercise the abilities of observation and analysis to identify, define and respond to physical design problems that can exist when people use products. Students will practice problem solving and redesign of existing products by developing and executing a plan for systematic user research and ergonomic testing. Construct and use testing tools to gather ergonomic/user data to establish the redesign guidelines. Apply the data to configure a design that responds to the problem and user experience.
1. Height of cane raises shoulder into an uncomfortable resting position.
2. Pressure is added to the wrist which causes discomfort and can lead to
further health issues as the bones grind each other in this
3. Hand grip is coarse and slim which causes discomfort when weight is
distributed. If held for a long period of time fingers become stiff and
4. Sweaty palms allow for the cane to easily slip from the user’s grip.
1. User fills out survery pertaining to demographics.
2. Test handles and angles to find stability ratings.
3. Get descriptions of feeling to the user’s hand, wrist, and shoulder.
4. Discuss negatives and positives to each postion and grip.
5. Come to a conclusion on most optimal combinations.
6. Record all data.